Suppose the data are in C1, the percents are in C2, and you want to store the percentiles in C10.
1. Choose Calc > Calculator.
2. In Store result in variable, enter C10.
3. In Expression, enter PERCENTILE(C1,C2). Click OK.
To use a constant, for example, .95, instead of C2:
In Expression, enter PERCENTILE(C1,.95). Click OK.
Note: For details on how the percentiles are calculated when using Calc > Calculator, see Knowledgebase ID 2201 by clicking its link below.
If you have stacked data with a "by variable", you can calculate percentiles for each group separately using the Percentile macro available from our Macros Library.
1. Click the link, Percentiles macro, below.
2. To the right of the Percentiles description, click Code.
3. Save the page as a macro, named PERCENTILE.MAC, in your Minitab macros directory (for example C:\Program Files\Minitab\Minitab 16\English\Macros). (For instructions, see How to save this page as a macro at the top of the Code page.)
4. Use the instructions at the top of the Code page to run the macro.